19 Jun Why Does Your E-commerce Business Need a Blog?
The e-commerce industry is booming, and competition is ever-increasing. In order to stay ahead with your e-commerce business, you need an effective digital marketing strategy that drives traffic to your online storefront. Some marketing efforts to generate web traffic include paid advertising (PPC), email marketing campaigns and social media strategy. While all of these can work effectively in conjunction with each other, blogging is one of the easiest ways to start a digital marketing plan for your e-commerce business.
Blogging is a great opportunity to boost web traffic, conversions, brand awareness and so much more for your e-commerce business. Let’s take a look at the most important reasons to start an e-commerce blog.
Top Six Reasons Why Your E-Commerce Business Needs a Blog
You don’t have to be a big business to start blogging. In fact, starting a blog as a small e-commerce business is a great way to help grow your audience and build your brand authority over time. If you’re starting to feel convinced, consider these top reasons to start an e-commerce blog:
1. Improving SEO — Blogging helps your business to continually produce new, relevant content that will add more web pages to your site over time, causing users to engage with your website longer. This indicates to search engines that your website provides content users are searching for, and should therefore be ranked higher. However, that’s only one SEO benefit to blogging.
Blogs also help with the SEO practice of link building—linking to other site pages or other websites entirely, which can help increase web traffic and improve your e-commerce website’s credibility for both users and search engine algorithms. Of course, blogging most importantly helps your e-commerce site rank high for targeted keywords users often use to search for your content.
2. Connecting with Your Audience — Blogging for the e-commerce industry doesn’t heavily focus on direct marketing like an advertisement. However, a blog still serves as a more nuanced way to market your products. Connect with your audience by featuring industry-relevant topics, and only mention your services when they would appropriately relate to the topic at hand. Blogging with subtlety builds trust and credibility in the eyes of your audience and potential customers because it shows your business cares about their entire user experience, not just purchasing a product.
3. Increasing Engagement — Customers want to know there are real people behind the products and the website of an e-commerce business, which is what a blog can help you achieve. Consistently blogging can help you develop a story about your product and company as a whole that users will be more likely to respond to positively through feedback and purchasing your products. Blogs are also an innovative way to announce news about your e-commerce store to your customers, such as new sales, products and promotional items.
4. Growing a Community — With engagement comes community. Frequently blogging and building your audience as an e-commerce business will prompt users to interact with each other as a result of your blog post. For example, visitors to your blog are likely to ask questions or make engaging comments, and other users are likely to engage with and respond to each other. At the same time, this community is a great opportunity for you to directly engage with your audience. Building a community leads to increased loyalty on the part of your customers and increased awareness for your e-commerce business to better accommodate your customers’ interests.
5. Boosting Conversions and Sales — Engaged and interested customers are more likely to make that final purchase, which is why fresh content like an e-commerce blog is so essential. Blogging naturally boosts traffic to your e-commerce site through SEO, which increases the likelihood of conversions. New, relevant content increases the credibility of your business, making users more likely to stick around your e-commerce site and increase your conversion and sales rates. This is especially true for blog content that subtly connects to your products and services.
6. Building Brand Loyalty — Providing fresh blog content doesn’t just earn your e-commerce business a single sale or conversion. Your business will also earn you loyal, repeat customers. Building a brand voice of trust and transparency go a long way in the hearts of consumers. Blog content that is relevant and engaging when coupled with high-quality products is one of the easiest ways to solidify the loyalty of customers to your e-commerce business. In return, your customers will both continue to purchase your products as well as become word-of-mouth ambassadors for your brand online.
Ready to Start Your E-Commerce Blog?
Blogging can be one of the easiest ways for an e-commerce business to engage with audiences online. However, it’s not likely to be highly effective unless you are utilizing industry-standard SEO practices and digital marketing strategy. If your e-commerce business is looking to start a blog for its website, consider Virtual Stacks Systems UK for your digital marketing plan. Our expert SEO services will help you target your local audience and increase web traffic to your e-commerce website. Contact us today to get started.